WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, January 16, 2006

BRENDA LINZMEIER

I don't have a whole lot of information about Brenda. I found her decent enough. My first memories of her were in freshman year. I had her in the second semester, in Mr. Scriver's history class. I was on my own in there. If memory serves, she spent her time there talking with the likes of Shawn Olson (whatever happened to her?) and Stacey Erickson. I was pretty much a mute in there.

At the end of that year, I got into some really bad trouble at school. In addition to criminal charges, I also was given 10 detentions. At that time, Mr. Wood had a policy. If you spent an hour doing work around school (like helping the janitors) you could work off two detentions. I found myself using a study hall to do some sweeping of some stairs. That's when I encountered Brenda. We said nothing to one another. But she smiled. When she got to the top of the stairs, she stopped, turned around, looked down on me at the bottom and said, "Hey Burt, how come you never talk?" I looked at her, said nothing, and shrugged my shoulders.

My next memories of her are from junior year. We shared Ms. Neveau's speech class. She gave a speech where she talked about her boyfriend's (fellow graduate Kevin Shillcox) foot decapitation injury. I was a little more social with her in that class. I found her to be generally friendly. She was nice to me anyway.

According to my friend Meff, this girl was an absolute cruel bitch. "Look at the way he holds his pencil." I personally never saw any evidence of cruelty from her.

Brenda went on to marry Kevin, and now goes by the name of Brenda Shillcox. Last I knew, they had three kids. I ran into her several times at the video store. She always remained friendly towards me.

UPDATE - 6/18/07 - Thanks to Shannon Koch for providing these photos of Brenda from graduation day, June 4th, 1989.



1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 27, 06:34:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I believe her and Kevin have three kids - including a daughter named Brooke. They appear to still reside in Two Rivers.

By the way, her cheering section - the one who looked like a man, my first thought would be Tracy Messman. And when you consider that our homerooms were alphabetical, it becomes a given.

LINZMEIER
MESSMAN
MESSERMAN

Tracy Messman... look for a post about her today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home