WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, April 24, 2006

ANDY REINHART

Andy is a guy I met in 4th grade. We had Mrs. Schmidt together. In fact, we had Ms. Krause together in 5th grade as well.

Andy was kind of a rowdy guy. He was loud too. He was what I would describe to be a mild troublemaker. He wasn't a criminal or anything. But he had a Bart Simpson quality to him.

One day in 4th grade, Doug Wall and I decided to skip school. For whatever reason, we called Magee at one point, and asked to speak to Andy. We claimed to be Andy's dad. They didn't by it. That may have been the reason why we got caught the next day.

I liked Andy. He and I got along pretty good, more in 5th grade than 4th. Andy came over to my house once, sometime during 5th grade. He had Lisa King and Treesa Carron with him. We sat around playing Atari.

I can remember him in 5th grade, lamenting the fact that he hadn't seena nude woman. He said something like, "I've seen tons of Playboys and stuff. I'm ready for the real thing."

One day our class went on a field trip - to Heritage Hill, no doubt. I think we got dragged there every year. Anyway, Andy and I palled around all day together that day. At one point twe were all seated in an old schoolhouse, while a teacher pretended to teach us. Andy and I thought it'd be funny if we raised our hands (as if we were actually in class) and ask if we could go to the bathroom. It was pretty funny. Ms. Krause didn't think so. Andy got scolded. Somehow I didn't.

At some point that year, our class (as classes were) got tested for lice. According to Andy, he had lice. Why he revealed that to me, I don't know. But he alleged that they told him he had it.

I saw Andy on TV once. On the local channel 22, they were broadcasting (for whatever reason) a Jazzercise routine. Andy was listed in the credits as a gaffer. And at the end of the show, there was a quick shot of him smiling, next to the truck.

I didn't see much of Andy at Clarke. It looks like he had Mrs. Orth. But he and I did talk on occasion. At the end of the year, he told me that he was moving. So I found it odd that when I joined a little league team that summer, Andy was on it. He played first base. He was there for one game. Then he was gone. I haven't seen him since.

Andy moved to Michigan. Strange as it may seem, I actually saw a quote from him in the paper. It was in the Milwaukee Sentinel, in an article about the Packers, sometime in the mid-1990's. He must have gone to a game or something. And they quoted him about something. They even mentioned that he was from Michigan, but was originally from Wisconsin.

Today Andy lives in Escanaba. He's married to a woman named Missy - not Melissa, but Missy. I have no clue what he does for a living. But if anyone cares to find out, you can call him at 1-906-789-0970.

Thanks go to Kevin Dehne for supplying this picture of Andy (up high). This was taken in Mrs. Orth's class, right before leaving for Camp Tapawingo, at the very end of 6th grade. I believe I see Kevin, Troy Greenwood, Craig Rysticken, David Coenen (in back), Brett Grueztmacher, Andy, Jeff Salstrand, Chris Staudinger (in back) and Dean Lichterman.

3 Comments:

At Tue Apr 25, 09:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger THE GOON said...

It looks like a little chinese kid doesn't it? It is Troy Greenwood. That is Dave Coenen behind him.

 
At Tue Apr 25, 09:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Yes, I can see it now. Troy dos look Chinese though.

 
At Tue Apr 25, 09:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Troy was working for Eck a few years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home