WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SCOTT STEPHENS

For my 200th classmate entry, here's Scott.

I believe Scott was at Magee. Although I have no memories of him there. But I know that Meff was friends with him in grade school. So I assume he was there. In fact, I know he was. I've seen pictures.

My first memories of Scott are from Clarke. Scott seemed to have money - or at least his parents did. From what Meff has told me, Scott's home was video game heaven - Atari, Colecovision, the whole works - maybe even the ADAM computer.

I remember Scott walking to school with his boombox. This was no ordinary boombox mind you. His had a fricken' TV in it! I was beyond envious! I'd seen that boombox in the J.C. Penney catalog. But I would never have it.

See my Brad Strouf entry for a head-pounding incident between the two. Scott won.

Scott was a somewhat small guy in stature. But he carried himself bigger. Perhaps he felt ne needed to compensate for his size. It wasn't needed though. Overall, Scott was a pretty nice guy.

I found a photo from Mr. Ashenbrenner's class in 8th grade. Scott is second from the left. Dave Kanera is on the far left. Myself and Chris Staudinger round out the group.



I seem to recall that in high school, he was dating a girl named Julie Clements. And if I'm not mistaken, shortly after they broke up, she got pregnant. Julie was a pretty girl. But she was also very bitchy. I don't think she ever graduated.

In our senior year, I think Scott was a bartender of some sort. I seem to recall him mentioning that his boss routinely violated child labor laws - or at least student labor laws. Not that Scott really cared. I think he was making good money.

I believe Scott was friends with people like Mike "call me Bruce/don't call me Bruce" Schroeder, Brandon Podhola, and perhaps Markus Petkevicius.

In our senior year, rumor has it that Scott really liked his car.

Either in our junior or senior year, I was riding in a car with Dave Svatek, going down Memorial Drive. We noticed Scott and his mother in the car behind us. We smiled and waved. Then I decided to flip him off. A few days later in school, Scott laughed about it. But he also punched me in the arm.

Near the end of our senior year, Scott and fellow graduate Mike (Bruce) Schroder came into the guidance office to use the phone. Scott called Pizza Hut and asked if he could get some sort of special deal if he bought 10 pizzas or so. I think he was arranging some sort of party for one of his classes.

The day after final exams, I was in the school office, getting some sort of graduation thing. Perhaps it was my cap and gown. I don't recall. But I remember asking the the secretary, "How do I know if I even passed everything and graduated?" She replied, "If you didn't, you would have been informed already." Scott and Mike (Bruce) were also there. And they cheered me on, "You made it!" Yes, I made it. In fact, I had 1/2 credit more than I needed.

Scott planned to become a police officer. I don't know if he ever did. I believe for a time he was a security guard at a KMart in Topeka, Kansas. Today I believe he lives in Kansas City. He may be married to a woman named Sheila. But I'm not 100% sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home