WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, January 23, 2006

SHEILA VANNE

I don't have a whole lot of memories about Sheila. But I can tell you this. She was regarded by others as being a bitch. And thruth be told, she probably was. I wouldn't be too surprised if she would even describe herself as one. She was probably one of those "mess with me and I can be a real bitch" type of girls.

I shared a homeroom with Sheila for four years.

In our sophomore year, we shared Mr. Conrad's 5th hour biology class. At that time, se was dating class of 1987's Brian Hoffman. For whatever reason, Sheila seemed to think that she had a good chance to see her boyfriend walking the halls. So whenever she got the chance, she would walk to the door, and glance up and down the hallway, hopeful thatshe would cathc a glimpse of her boyfriend. To my knowledge, she never did. But it certainly never deterred her. She checked every single day. Ross Hofmann poked fun at her one day for her obsession. She wasn't happy about it.

As nasty as she may have been to others, I can't honestly remember any instance in which she ever treated me poorly. I think I was basically non-existent to her.

My last school memory of her is from our graduation ceremony. She sat next to me, on my left. She was very happy and nice. We engaged in some friendly small talk.

I ran into Sheila many times while at the video store. She ended up marrying class of 1991's Randy Braun. I believe they had two kids. They divorced in 2000.

UPDATE - 9/18/06 - I've just been told that Sheila is currently engaged to be married. In fact, she's tying the knot next month. Congratulations Sheila!

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 08:43:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

Sheila and Cindy Rohr had to have some of the biggest hair back in HS. That's all I got...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home