WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

CHRISTINE SOPPE

Chris Soppe is someone who I believe I first encountered at Clarke. We had little or no contact with each other. But I found her to be nice enough.

Chris wore glasses, and had a bit of a "brainy" look. But there was a certain prettiness to her as well.

In sophomore year, Chris and I found ourselves seated next to each other in Mr. Conrad's biology class. I think we were partners for the entire year. So we obviously had some contact with each other then. Although both of us were somewhat quiet. So there was never a lot of small talk. But I found Chris to be very friendly.

At some point that year, we had to dissect a frog. Being a typical girl, Chris was repulsed by this. Being the macho man that I of course was, it was my duty to do the dirty work. I put on a brave face. But inside, I was disgusted by it too. I can still smell that formaldehyde. Being a student who didn't give a rip about school, I was in an awkward position. Chris was an honor role student. And I didn't want to disappoint her. So I actually had to do some work in that class. And yes, I did all the cuts and snips on that poor dead frog. We did pretty good up until the time we had to find the frog's brain. I dug and dug in that head. But I swear, we were given a brainless frog. Either that, or I somehow ground up its brain in the digging process. Oh well. We ended up getting a B+ for our dissection. The lack of a brain on my (and the frog's) part cost us an A.

As mentioned in my Ben Franco post, he and Chris used to have a friendly rivalry with each other when it came to test and quiz scores. Believe it or not, Ben usually won. Chris was smart. But Ben had a knack for science.

Chris had a long time boyfriend throughout our high school years. I believe it was class of 1990's, David Yauger.

I'm not sure where Chris went after high school. But at some point in the early 1990's, my friend Dave happened to run into her. I believe she was working at a mall - perhaps in Fond Du Lac, perhaps at Prange Way. I think she told him that she was married with two kids. That's a fast worker!

I do know that Chris got married, and became Christine Walczak. It looks like their divorce was finalized in 1999. Since then, it appears as if she's remarried, and is now known as Christine Oasen. I believe she lives near Madison.

3 Comments:

At Wed Feb 15, 09:40:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

I have a couple of Chris stories, though a gentleman never kisses and tells.

I will share this much. I believe I have the honor of being Chris' first boyfriend in TR. Only she can substantiate that claim. Chris was also a dancer, and a bit of an impersonator. She had the Material Girl's look from the 80's down pat, including the moves, think Lucky Star or Burning Up. She was damn good too. She may have looked innocent, but I know better.

She later lived right down the block from me. We remained friends throughout high school and have even exchanged emails in the past couple of years, I was likely the one that pointed her to the blog. Got nothin' but love for you baby!

 
At Mon Jun 19, 07:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger frb said...

Chris! You are most memorable. I have especially good and wonderful memories of you from 8th grade and our freshman year. After that, it seems we lost touch, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

I remember your beautiful singing voice and dancing in American Pop. You had one of the most beautiful smiles and it seemed you had a wonderful sense of humor as I remember you laughing alot. I believe you were also in Mr. E's general math class too.
I also believe you stood up for me once too. You may not remember, but one time I had literally struggled through a church reading. You told me your dad questioned my intelligence, and you back me up. -- I will never forget that.

Blessings, Chris, I wish you nothing but the best. I really hope to connect sometime.

Incidently, you will not see me snapping fingers at servers or embarrassing readers with corrections in front of everyone, ever.

 
At Thu Jul 26, 06:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger swp said...

Hi Chris ! Do you remember my severely botched attempt to show you to your locker your first day at our school?(very embarrassing).I think that I was a bit enamoured with you, to the point of not even remembering my own name.(Once again, very embarrassing.)Sounds like things are good with you and your family. Take care Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home