WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

TRAVIS WILSON

From what I remember, Travis joined me at Clarke. I knew who he was. But I don't think I ever had him in any classes at all.

I remember seeing Travis at McDonalds once. It was perhaps in 7th grade. I was surprised to see that he was drinking coffee. I didn't know that kids drank the stuff. But apparently Travis did.

As a freshman, I had Travis in gym class. Two things stand out. For one, somewhere during the middle of the year, we began having class in the basement gym. After class, it was time to take a shower. What everyone did was get undressed, walk with your towel, then set it on the ground, just outside of the shower area. Everyone basically came up with their own spot to put their towel. I always set mine next to this pipe that came up from the floor. Well on this day, I was the second one out of the shower. I went to grab my towel, but couldn't find it. What the hell? I simply thought it got moved slightly. So I grabbed the next closest one and dried off by my locker. About two minutes later, Travis is out of the shower, and can't find his towel. So he starts cussing. Then he goes up and down the bench and gives a punch to every person drying off. He figured one of them had taken his towel. So he was going to hit them all. Whatever. I'm not sure how he got dry. But he managed. At one point, Kurt Psenicka bellowed out, "Burt took it." I of course denied it.

So what happened here? Well, as I mentioned, I was the second one out of the shower. Who was the first? Kurt Psenicka. I remembered this because as I stepped out, he was looking at me very strangely. So it became clear that Kurt had stolen MY towel. The nerve of him then blurting out that I had stolen Travis'. What an asshole.

The only other memory I have of Travis is that near the end of freshman year, he drove his car to school. I believe Travis was the first person from our clas to do so. Most of us didn't even have drivers' education until sophomore year. But Travis was another one who was born in 1969. So he was old enough.

I think Travis dropped out of school after our freshman year. However, he did come back at some point. I believe in our senior yearbook, he can be seen pictured with the sophomores. But I don't think Travis stuck with school then either. I don't believe he ever graduated.

Over the years, Travis has had a few minor problems with the law. He's also been stopped for drunk driving at least three times. As far as I know, he has never married. Today I believe he lives in Two Rivers, at the home of his parents.

UPDATE - 4/12/06 - Well, an anonymous reader (who must have been waiting for Travis' entry) has provided a link. If you dig through the website, it takes you to (what I assume to be) a mugshot. This is a first. For the sake of completion, the picture is included below. The photo is from 2001. As for the anonymous "phantom" contributor, please E-mail me. I'm curious who sent it. I promise I won't reveal your identity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home