WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, June 30, 2006

MRS. BERG (MS. KIEL)

Ms. Kiel was a gym teacher. What was her first name? I don't recall where I saw her first. Was she the gym teacher at Magee? Yes, I think so. At that time, she was known as Ms. Kiel.

I don't have a whole lot of memories about her. She was decent enough to me. I had no problems with her at all.

Ms. Kiel reappeared in my life in high school. She was one of the three gym teachers we had. And by that time, she'd gotten married. She was now known as Mrs. Berg. However, during out junior year, that didn't stop Richard and I from constantly referring to her as "Mr. Berg." Yes, we were playing on the steroptypical notion that every female gym teacher is in fact a lesbian. Mrs. Kiel had married a man. So presumably, she was not. But that didn't stop us. We always said "Mr. Berg." Of course we tried to say it so fast that she wouldn't be able to tell. But eventually, she caught on. And she called me on it. She remained calm. But she said, "It's Mrs. Berg." I smiled and said, "Mr. Berg." This went on several times before I finally relented and said, "Mrs. Berg." Man, I was being disrespectful.

I don't know where Mrs. Berg is today. I haven't seen her since high school. Perhaps someone could fill me in as to her first name. Maybe I can find out what she's doing today.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 20, 09:07:00 PM PST, Blogger Cloud 9 | CP said...

Yup, Charlene! I had her for 4th grade gym.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home