WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SHARLA PETERS

Here's another longtime member of the Two Rivers public school system that I somehow have little or no memories of. She came up through the ranks of Magee, Clarke and Washington.

Sharla was a very petite girl, small in both size and stature. She was friendly enough, and usually had a smile on her face.

As far as I know, our paths never really crossed. I may have had her in a class or two at Clarke. But that might be it.

During the end of our freshman year, Mike Zeman, Ron Gretz and myself vandalized the ceiling of the basement gym. We used to do a lot of the damage early in the morning. But the gym actually had a homeroom class in there. Sharla tended to be the first one to show up. So when Sharla arrived, our destruction of property was put on hold for another day.

I believe that Sharla had an older brother - class of 1987's Dan Peters. I believe the two of them are roommates today, living in Two Rivers. To my knowledge, Sharla has never been married.

UPDATE - 6/17/07 - Kevin Dehne and I stopped by to see Charla today. As we pulled into her driveway, we spotted her and her entire family outside in the yard. We sat and talked with her and her husband for awhile. Kevin remembered Charla's husband Dan. But Dan didn't seem to remember him. The two of them had a few interesting stories to tell about a few of our former teachers who apparently were let go from their teaching duties for a couple of "inappropriate" acts.

Before we left, we snapped a few pictures. You can see them below.





2 Comments:

At Fri Feb 10, 06:24:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

This is a perfect example of why it's cool to have the input of others. I saw a connection between the two, and simply assumed they were siblings. Thank you Brenda for the correction.

 
At Sun Apr 23, 12:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

I saw Sharla yesterday at the Kids Expo in Manitowoc. She looks GREAT!! She was always pretty cute, but she is really easy on the eyes as a grown-up. Her 2 kids are also lovely -- her son looks a lot like her!

In school, she was quiet, but not silent. That is, she had no problem talking plenty if she had something to say. I recall her having quite a bit to say in the was of teasing me about kissing some girl she knew when I was 4 or something. I didn't remember it. But Sharla loved using that to get a rise out of me. It must have been funny.

Take care, Sharla!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home