WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, February 24, 2006

BECKY PRAUSA

Becky is a girl who joined me at Washington. I knew her name. I'd hear her mentioned. But I never knew her. In fact, I don't think we had any classes together until our senior year. Man, was I missing out!

I would see her picture in past yearbooks, and think, "nothing special." But as a senior, I sure took notice. I had her in Mr. Rausch's consumer economics class. We were in a small in-class project together once. She and I had to play the part of employees who were about to go on strike, unless we could come to an agreement with management. I think our management opponents were Jay Rozmarynoski and Jeff Gordon. Jay and Jeff got the upper hand on us. Becky and I got killed by them.

I must admit. I had a thing for Becky. She was a big girl - not overweight mind you. Just a big girl - tall, big boobs, and just right. She was the kind of girl I just wanted to grab and have my way with. There, I said it. So sue me. What made her the full package was that she was very sweet too - just an overall nice person.

Becky was a cheerleader. In fact, for whichever squad she was on, I think she and Lisa Koch were the only seniors.

I believe Becky went out with class of 1988's Doug Szopinski. Lucky fellow, that Doug.

In our senior year, fellow graduate Toby Schwartz "acquired" one of Becky's journals. He said that Becky had written stuff about her and Doug screwing in the shower. Why do people put that sort of stuff in school journals, when they have to know that they could end up in the wrong hands? Regardless, that story made me tingle. What I would have given for a shower date with Becky.

After high school, I believe she went onto school somewhere - perhaps in Minnesota. I ran into her a few times at the video store. In fact, the last time I saw her, she had cut her hair really short, and was wearing a lot of leather. She looked like a stereotypical biker chick. She eventually married, and became Becky Price. I could be mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that she and her husband had opened up a bar - or were in the process of doing so. For a time, they may have lived in North Carolina. But today, I believe they're in the Milwaukee area.

UPDATE - 11/16/06 - I heard from Becky this past weekend. Apparently she and Shannon Koch, Becky Monka, Lisa Pauze and Mindy Moore got together for a mini-reunion, and tried to reach me to come document it for the blog. They weren't able to find me. So I missed out. But I have E-mailed Becky a few times. She said that the Doug she dated was not in fact Doug Szopinski. It was a different Doug. I guess Toby was wrong.

UPDATE - 11/20/06 - I've shared a few really nice E-mails with Becky over the past week. She's filled me in on some details of her life since high school. Her husband works in tobacco sales. While Becky works for a place called "The Association Of Equipment Managers." I don't know what that is. But it sounds important. She and her husband are raising three daughters. Wow. There must have been something in the Two Rivers water supply. Our class seems to have produced a lot more daughters than sons.

Anyway, as some might know, Becky was diagnosed with rectal cancer about 2.5 years ago. After a long battle (8 weeks of radiation followed by surgery, 6 rounds rounds of chemotherapy, and another surgery), she can finally say that she is cancer free. So that's great to hear.

In addition to her job, she sells sex toys on the side - but from a different company than the one my wife does.

Oh, and as a side note to a previous comment - she has no knowledge of it.

Lastly, Mindy Moore's middle daughter was actually named by Becky. The girl is Becky's godchild. For a picture of Becky and her own family, look down.



UPDATE - 6/18/07 - Thanks to Shannon Koch for providing thIS photo of Becky from graduation day, June 4th, 1989.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 25, 07:25:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

Becky...if you're out there and reading this...I need to know something. Did you by chance take or toss my classring? Honestly, I hold no ill will this far removed from its disappearance, but the last time I remember seeing it was in college, my Junior year, and we had just broken up following a Summer fling. If memory serves, you were a little "annoyed" by our breakup. So much so that you smacked me and I had to be restrained from returning the favor. Like I said, I'm not holding a grudge or pissed or anything, but if you know anything about what happened to my ring, I'd really like to know, for the sake of closure.

- Jason Anderson
- sonny_kidd@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home