WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

STAN CONRAD

He was actually Stan Conrad Jr. His father taught biology at our high school. I had his dad as a sophomore - nice guy.

For the life of me, I don't recall where Stan came from. Was he at Magee? Was he at Clarke? I think yes to both. But I can't be sure.

I have very few memories of Stan. But I do recall something from our freshman year. He and I shared Mrs. Mull's study hall together. One day Mrs. Mull blew up at Stan and took something from him. Whatever it was, she found it disgusting. After stewing over it for a few minutes, she then yelled, "I think I should tell your father. That's what I think I should do. I'm gonna tell your father..." To this day, I have no clue what kind of object she confiscated from him. Does anyone know?

What I remember most about Stan was that in high school, he ended up having some really funky hair. I can't even begin to describe it.

Stan and I were never friends. But we seemed to get along well enough. As high school dragged on, he and I had some mutual friends. In fact, as a senior, class of 1990's Jason Krings invited me to go on some sort of camping trip with he and Stan, and a bunch of others. I ended up declining. When Jason got back, he said that Stan had done "quite well" with the ladies.

After high school, I think Stan went onto college somewhere. I don't believe I have ever run into him. However, I think he married a woman named Shawn, and moved to Arizona. Did Stan follow in his father's footsteps? I believe so. It looks like he's now a college professor.

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 09, 08:44:00 PM PST, Blogger CreativeMuse said...

Stan and I have been in contact on and off over the years. He's still teaching math - advanced math that is - down South. He does come back to Two Rivers over the holidays to visit with the family. We were supposed to hook up the last time he was in town, but he ended up at my old address and freaked out my ex-roomie. LOL! If anyone need to get in contact with him, probably easiest through the college. :)

-Monz
Class of 90

 

Post a Comment

<< Home