WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, February 10, 2006

JOSIE SCOTT

By request, here's what I remember about Josie.

Josie was the twin sister of fellow graduate Julie Scott. Although they were not identical twins. In fact, I personally didn't know she even existed until we were in 6th grade. But she did go to school at Magee. So how I didn't know about her is a mystery to me.

Josie is someone that I don't think I ever really had any meaningful contact with. We weren't in the same circles, to be sure. From what I saw, she seemed to carry herself with an air of superiority - like she thought she was better than a lot of the people on the lower end of the social scale - people like me. I loathed attitudes like that.

See my Jennifer Andersen post in the January archives for basically my only confrontation with her. It wasn't a positive one.

I don't recall any specific incidents with Josie. But I do know that on the rare occasions that we were both together at the same time (as in a group project or something on a given day) she seemed to have utter contempt for me. I couldn't joke around with her or anything. She was all business. And she had no time for me. Now if someone a little "higher up" wanted to joke around with, she was fine with that. To me, that's rude.

About the only other memory I have of her is from around 8th or 9th grade. She moved into an apartment building on Mishicot Road, right across the street from the cemetery. I had a friend who lived in the apartment right below theirs. For whatever reason, one night I decided to take all the garbage bags that were on the curb, and throw them in the street - in hopes that a car would run into them. Why? Who knows. Such is the senseless mind of a troublemaker. Some cars swerved through the maze. Some cars hit the trash dead on. The fun came to an end when I looked up in the window and saw Josie staring at me. I was sure that she would call the cops. If she did, I never knew about it. I simply left and went home.

Josie was heavily involved in school activites. I believe she was president of the student council (or whatever it was called) during our senior year. Hell, she was probably president all four years.

After high school, I can only assume that she went onto school somewhere. Eventually she married, and is now known as Josie Matuszak. I don't know if they've been blessed with children. But she appears to work for a credit union in Madison.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 11, 10:51:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Nice to hear.

Please don't be offended. A differing of opinion is always welcome here. I realize that my particular view is not always going to be the same view that everyone had. Perhaps we would get along great today. Maybe on those rare occasions when our paths crossed, she was simply having a bad day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home