WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ROBERT PILZAK

By request, here's Bobby.

I remember him at Clarke. Perhaps he was at Magee too. Beyond that, I have very little.

Looking back at Bob Pilzak, I think the metrosexual label could be applied to him as well. He seemed to regard grooming as an artform.

I have one vague memory of him from high school. It was perhaps in our sophomore year. I saw him kiss some girl before heading off to class. That's it. That's all I got.

From what I remember, Bob had braces his entire life.

I ran into Bob a few times at the video store. He was always friendly enough. I remember him being shocked to see that a sequel to The Beastmaster had been made. Although I don't think he rented it.

On our senior video, Bob started off his introduction by saying, "Hi. I'd smile, but I just ate a Snickers bar." Then he smiled anyway. Not exactly A-list material there Bob. Anyway, he went on to say that he planned to marry his girlfriend - someone named Rhonda. In fact, it almost seemed like he was bragging about it. It's as if he wanted the world to know that he had a girlfriend. Did he have self esteem issues? I don't know. But sure enough, he did marry that girl. Today I believe they live in Sheboygan. They appear to be involved in a local Lutheran church. I'm pretty sure Bob works for The Kohler Company.

UPDATE - 11/9/06 - On August 12, 2006, Kevin Dehne and I took another trip to the homes of unsuspecting classmates. In a pretty new subdivision north of Sheboygan, we found Bob's home. Needless to say, the lawn was a sea of weeds. No grass had ever been planted there. It looked like no one was home. But it was worth a try. We rang the doorbell. Moments later, Bob answered. He had a look of confusion at first. But then came the smiles as recognition slowly crept in. He invited us in. We saw his wife (pretty woman) - although she didn’t want to be photographed. They were just on their way out the door, as they were having a family day at the Milwaukee Zoo. But nonetheless, Bob posed for pictures on his front porch and in his backyard. He was a bit startled, but was quite happy to see us. We talked for maybe 20 minutes. I can't recall how many kids they had. It was at least one though - probably two.





UPDATE - 11/20/06 - Here's some video from that 8/12/06 visit.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 25, 08:02:00 PM PST, Blogger karmadog said...

Bob's a good guy. I don't know what "metrosexual" means, but yeah. Looking good was really important to him.

His wife and mine are friends from before kindergarten. They're both from Valders, which is why most of you don't know the mysterious "Rhonda" he mentions in the senior class video. This is a shame, because she was and still is one of the sweetest and prettiest girls you could ever meet. Bob's a lucky guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home