WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

BILL KADERABEK

Bill was guy who joined me at Clarke. He was a little guy, sort of small and thin.

Bill didn't seem like the smartest of guys. But he was friendly enough just the same. During 8th grade, I got moved from Mr. Fencl's reading class into Mrs. Meehan's. This was a step down so to speak. With Fencl, I was constantly in trouble. And I refused to do work. So he dumped me off on Meehan - who taught the "dumb" class. So I was thrown in with a bunch of morons - the lower end of the 7th and 8th graders. Man, I excelled in there, with her curriculum though. I didn't do shit, but still aced the class. Oh, Bill was in the class, one of a handful of 8th grade students.

At some point that spring, Bill missed three days of school. Why? Because he got caught drinking beer.

For those of you who remember Clarke, you may recall that on Parkway Blvd, near the dome swings, right across from Kevin Shillcox' house, there was a green fence. Every morning that fence became the standing place for all of the smokers of the school. Well on this day, Bill and I believe one other kid, were out there drinking. I saw them do it. I walked right past them. Now get this. Personally, I didn't give a shit if they were drinking. I wouldn't have said anything. But all of a sudden, Dave Kanera runs past me and heads towards them yelling, "Are you drinking beer?" Apparently Dave (or more likely someone who told Dave) had seen a beer can on them, as their bus drove by. So Dave allegedly busted them, told some teacher or principal, then no doubt felt proud of his accomplishment. Yeah Dave... Such a moral life you led too.

In freshman year, I had Bill in gym class. I felt bad for him when it came to shower time. For Bill had yet to "develop." No hair, no nothing. Thankfully nobody said anything. But it was hard not to notice. Or perhaps it was hard to notice!

I think Bill stuck around high school for two years. Or perhaps it was one. I don't know. But I do know that he never finished with us. He probably dropped out.

I saw Bill just one time at the video store. It was perhaps 1993 or so. His hair was all punk - very short, but sticking straight out in every direction. It looked very strange. He rented a VCR and some tapes. He brought them back late.

Bill may have joined the army. It looks like he's bounced around California and Green Bay. However it looks like he met his wife Angela in Manitowoc or Two Rivers. Today it apepars as if they live in Las Vegas.

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 26, 08:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

hey, meff...

clickety-clack, clickety-clack....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home