WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Thursday, February 23, 2006

TAMMY SWOBODA

Tammy is another classmate I had little or no contact with. I know she was at Clarke. She may have been at Magee too. But I don't recall having any classes with her at any level.

I do know that she and I shared a homeroom at Washington. Tammy seemed like a shy person, somewhat on the middle to lower levels of the popularity ladder. I seem to recall her being friends with fellow graduate Lori Wavrunek.

Perhaps in our junior year, I kind of recall a transformation taking place in Tammy. She started to wear a lot more makeup. And she dressed a little trashy. I'm not sure she even made it through the full senior year. She simply disappeared. Did she drop out? I don't know. I do recall overhearing Lori telling someone that Tammy wasn't her friend anymore. I think she even referred to her as a slut. Strong words for the likes of Lori Wavrunek!

It doesn't look like Tammy graduated with us. Perhaps she graduated elsewhere. perhaps not. I haven't seen Tammy since high school. But it looks like she ended up getting married, and became Tammy Hanes, thanks to Todd Hanes - who would have graduated with the class of 1988. But I don't believe he ever did. It looks like she divorced in 2004. It appears to be a bitter divorce too. It looks like Tammy has spent considerable time in Missouri, but may have recently returned to Wisconsin. I think she has four kids. Below is a picture of Tammy and her fiance.



UPDATE - 7/20/06 - Kevin Dehne and I ran into Tammy on July 15th. She works at Family Dollar in Two Rivers. She's apparently there more often than she's not. She's going to be working at the Family Dollar in Sheboygan very shortly as well. The two shots below were taken in the store.



7 Comments:

At Thu Feb 23, 04:13:00 PM PST, Blogger karmadog said...

Welcome back to WI. Being close to your roots can be healthy, I've found.
Hang in there!

 
At Thu Feb 23, 06:32:00 PM PST, Blogger Jen said...

sounds like you're in a better place! amazing how youth and circumstances can alter us, eh? i definitely like being an adult wayyyy better (but don't think I'm referring to being grown up).

enjoy the blog. burt's little endeavor has been fun so far...
send pics of your kids if u can.

 
At Thu Feb 23, 06:37:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Grow up? Never! I will never grow up. A wise man once said, "Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying. And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

You're as young as you feel. I'm an adult, only when I have to be. Thankfully it's not too often.

 
At Fri Feb 24, 12:49:00 PM PST, Blogger karmadog said...

That reminds me of a cool poem I just read about the aging process... I'm posting this to remind myself to dig it up and post it.. it's pretty funny.

 
At Tue Feb 28, 11:46:00 PM PST, Blogger karmadog said...

When I was in college, I used to wander around the dorms at 2 am looking for people to waste time with.
It's almost 2 now. This is starting to feel too familiar.

 
At Wed Mar 01, 03:03:00 PM PST, Blogger Jen said...

ditto greg. i too am an internet time-waster. am often wandering aimlessly about the web to kill time. nice to have another destination thx 2 burt.

 
At Thu Mar 29, 09:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger laurie said...

Hey Tammy.. I remember meeting u in your freshman year, u used to be so quiet and it bothered me lol I just never told ya. Anyway I thought u were kinda like me.....I kept to meself most of the time unless i had to voice my thoughts. Your great Tammy and your still cool and sweet in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home