WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, March 31, 2006

VENICE GROCE

I must admit, until I recently looked at my freshman yearbook, I had completely forgotten about this troll. That's a first.

I think Venice (that's a female by the way) may have possibly joined me at Clarke in 8th grade. If not, she definitely popped into town for freshman year. I don't really have any memories about her - other than the fact that she lived up to her last name. She was pretty damn ugly. And she wore some hideous glasses. The picture in my freshman yearbook is actually pretty good - considering the subject matter. But it's nothing to gaze at for too long.

Venice wasn't popular. She was definitely on the lower end of the social ladder. Not that anyone ever taunted her out in the open, but needless to say, because of her last name, combined with her looks, there were a lot of "gross" jokes. Cruel, yes. But at least no one made fun of her to her face.

After freshman year, she was gone. I believe she moved to Missouri, where she remains to this day. Somewhere along the line, it looks like she got married, and became Venice Wood. But she may be back to Venice Gross today, which tends to lead me to believe that she's divorced. But I don't know for sure. What she does today is unknown to me.