WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

CHRIS STAUDINGER

By request, here's Chris. Or should I simply call him "Staudt?"

I don't have a wealth of information about Chris. My first memories of him are from our days at Clarke. Chris was a big guy. And at that time, I didn't much care for him. I think the feeling was mutual.

I believe Chris hung around with Scott Jaklin quite a bit. If memory serves, they were both involved in band - perhaps playing trumpets.

In 8th grade, I had Chris in gym class. One day we had a substitute - Ms. Sigourney. We were bussed over to the high school for swimming. And I recall Chris from the back of the bus, bellowing "SIGOURNEY," and sounding like a rooster crowing. It was funny as hell.

In 8th grade, my friend Kevin Dehne somehow got a hold of Chris' social studies book. As a joke, I told Kevin to bury it. Actually, I didn't quite vocalize it to him. Instead, I "coughed" it. Cough talk was big in those days. Kevin laughed. But sure shit, he went home and buried it in his backyard. Somehow Chris found out about it... and blamed me. The last memory I have from that incident is Chris bending down to me and whispering, "You're dead." Nothing more came from it.

I found a photo from Mr. Ashenbrenner's class in 8th grade. Chris is on the far right, From the left is Dave Kanera, followed by Scott Stephens and myself.



As juniors, Chris and I actually found a common bond. Dave Svatek would drive both of us home from school. Chris lived near Dave. We then discovered that we had a mutual love for Nintendo. We would talk about the ins and outs of The Legend Of Zelda, as well as how to find the secret "minus world" in Super Mario Brothers. I think I may have actually spoke to him on the phone once or twice to get/receive some hints on games.

After high school, I think Chris went on to college somewhere - perhaps to learn stuff about computers. But I could be wrong about that. I think for a time in the late 1990's, he lived on the east side of Milwaukee. Today he resides in Cleveland, Wisconsin. I don't think he's married or has any kids. But if you're interested in knowing more, you can call him at 1-920-693-2161.

UPDATE - 6/26/06 - I found two recent pictures of Chris. You can see them below.





UPDATE - 10/9/06 - Chris and Kim Nokes attended a wedding in Manitowc on Saturday, 9/30/06. Afterward, they drove down to my house for the double birthday part for my wife and I. Jeff "Meff" Messerman was also there. You can see five photos from the evening below.







UPDATE - 11/13/06 - On Saturday, August 12th, 2006, Kevin Dehne took another trip to knock on the doors of fellow classmates. Northwest of Sheboygan, we found the homestead of Chris Staudinger. It’s a sprawling area in the country. It was obviously a farm at some point. But I think it’s a non-working farm today. I knocked, and was greeted by a woman – Chris' mom. She informed us that Chris was working. So we missed him. So it was back in the car and on our way to Manitowoc. But Kevin did snap a picture of me, as I peered into the window and spoke with Chris' mom. You can see it below.

1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 07:52:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

My dad and Chris' mom dated, if that's the correct word for it, I don't know. But no doubt Chris' stature was genetic, she was a big woman, not necessarily fat, but big...in all ways, if you get my drift. Our paths crossing that way, it was a doomed relationship. We never liked each other, being the possessive children I suppose. But I do recall, he was one of the laugh out loud funniest people I knew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home