WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, May 22, 2006

KIM NOKES

Kim is a girl who joined me at Washington. I think she went to one of the catholic schools in town.

In my opinion, Kim was a very pretty girl. And to top it off, she was also one of the nicest girls you'd ever care to meet. She was so friendly and outgoing. From what I could tell, there were no cliques with her. She treated everybody equally, regardless of where they stood on the social ladder. She was a sweet girl. There's no other way to describe her.

During our freshman year, it was nearly impossible to see Kim without seeing Jeff Bodwin trailing her. What was the deal with that? You could be talking to Kim in the hall, then suddenly you'd be accosted by her big fat shadow. They couldn't have been a couple. Could they? Were the related in some way? Were they good friends? I don't know. But when you saw Kim, Jeff was sure to follow.

Kim got involved with plays and musicals. I think she had the lead in one of the productions during our senior year. Was it "The Music Man?" Kim can also be seen on the senior video singing with Julie Landon and Kelli Kupsch.

I believe in our junior year, she began to go out with fellow graduate Chad Bennin. Richard and I would sometimes kid her about that. They seemed like polar opposites. Chad had an out-of-control ego. While Kim was... well Kim. We used to refer to Kim as "Cookies." Why? Who knows.

I ran into Kim several times at the video store. I rented to her dad and little brother too. She was always a delight to see. She had a great smile, and was very nice to to talk to.

Kim may have gone to school in Green Bay. I'm not sure. She may not have gone at all. It looks like she stuck around the Manitowoc/Two Rivers for many years. However she appears to have stayed in Oshkosh for the last several years. For a time she was an assistant manager at a bar there. But I don't think that bar exists today. Surprising (to me) it doesn't look like she's ever married. Maybe she has no interest to. I don't know. But if she's still the same girl today as she was in high school, then she's a major catch.

UPDATE - 6/26/06 - I found the recent pictures of Kim. You can see them below. Apparently she now lives in Neenah.











UPDATE - 10/9/06 - Kim and Chris Staudinger attended a wedding in Manitowc on Saturday, 9/30/06. Afterward, they drove down to my house for the double birthday part for my wife and I. Jeff "Meff" Messerman was also there. You can see five photos from the evening below.









2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 09, 09:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

Kim's awesome. She always used to ask me out, and I used to always politely decline. Just wasn't meant to be, you know? It was kind of sad, really.

Okay, that never happened. But we were always very good friends.

 
At Tue Jul 11, 12:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

That was you in my locker? Crap!! Another blown opportunity.

I thought it was Ms. Vesper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home