WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

MARTY JOHNSON

Marty is a guy who joined me at Washington. He must have been a product of the catholic schools.

As a freshman, I would often see him in the halls. I figured he was a senior. He looked much older than my fellow classmates. However, in the second semester, I had Marty in Mrs. Fischer's language class. At first I thought that perhaps he'd flunked the class when he was younger. But no, I found out that Marty was indeed a freshman. I was shocked! The biggest thing that made me think he was older was because he had a full thick, moustache. A freshman with a moustache! What's up with that? I was lucky to have pubes then. Who was this guy?

I got to know Marty a little bit in our junior year. We had a mutual friend in Dave Svatek. I think Marty joined us at lunch from time to time. He was a really nice guy too. He looked to be strong and imposing, with the potential to be a real asshole. But no, he was actually pretty soft spoken and very friendly. He was a cool dude.

After watching a Star Trek episode which featured the Greek God Adonis, I dubbed Marty with the name. Richard and I called him Adonis from that day forward. He just seemed like he fit the mold.

I think Marty hung out with the likes of Scott Jaklin, Chris Staudinger and Scott Jaklin.

After high school, I ran into Marty at the video store quite a bit. He had about 18 brothers. And I rented to all of them. Actually, he may have only had two brothers - Pat and Scott. But it seemed like he had more.

I think Marty may have gotten married to a woman named Jennifer. Today he appears to be living in Mantitowoc County somewhere, perhaps in Manitowoc or Valders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home