WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

STACY TADDY

Part of me thinks that I had Stacy at Magee in 5th grade. Another part of me thinks that I first met Stacy in 6th grade, at Clarke. For sure, we shared 6th grade with Mrs. Casey together.

I only have one memory of Stacy from 6th grade. I wrote about it in my entry on Chad Bennin.

In 7th grade, Stacy and I had every class together. From what I recall, one could have referred to her as "spacey." She seemed a little eratic to me. But she was friendly enough I guess.

Like fellow graduate Paula Jonas before her, Stacy decided that she was going to pledge her undying love to me that year. And like Paula, I'm pretty sure she wasn't serious about it. But one never knew with her. This "love" lasted for a few months. I remember B.J. Lutterman once telling me, "Go up and grab her tits - to see if she's really serious." I never did of course. But perhaps I should have. Stacy had a pretty large pair of jugs.

Sometime around Christmas, Stacy disappeared. She was sick or something. And she was literally gone for months. No one really knew what was wrong with her. Apparently she had some sort of eye ailment. But according to our english teacher Mr. Trembly, she was milking it for all it was worth. She did eventually come back to school late in the year. And she was passed into 7th grade. How she pulled that off is a mystery.

One day during her long absence, we were in Mr. Stodola's science class. We had a subsitute teacher that day. Normally Toby Schwartz sat right behind me. But seeing as we had a substitute, Kevin Dehne took advantage of the situation, removing Toby from his seat in order to occupy it himself. As a joke, when the teacher took a role call, both Kevin and I decided to take the name of someone who was out sick that day. Kevin fumbled with his, and was outed immediately. But when she called "Stacy Taddy" I responded with a girlish "here." She didn't see where the voice came from. So she assumed Stacy was present. Later on in class, I was talking to Kevin. He loudly said, "Turn around Stacy." Everyone laughed. But a few minutes later, when I was talking to Kevin once again, the teacher yelled, "Stacy, turn around!" I bit my lip and turned back in my seat, trying not to laugh. About 15 seconds later, there were muffled giggles coming from everyone in the class. This teacher actually though I was named Stacy. Too damn funny!

In the spring of that year, Stacy Taddy and that little piss-ant Steve Cook wandered off into the woods behind Clarke, during school hours. The owner of a house back there called the school. And the two of them got suspended. I have no clue what they were doing. I highly doubt it was anything romantic though. They were probably smoking. When I get around to writing about Kevin Dehne, something else that happened in the woods that day will also be mentioned.

See my entry on Jamie Tadych for two additional stories from 7th grade.

I believe Stacy stayed with school through our sophomore year. Then I think she dropped out or something. I haven't seen her since.

Stacy appears to have gotten married, and become Stacy Flentje. Today she lives in Manitowoc. If she has kids, I'm unaware.

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 11, 09:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Now that's a girl who believes in long relationships before marriage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home