WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

DAWN SCHMIDT

Dawn is a girl I met in 5th grade. We had Mrs. Krause together.

Dawn actually lived in my neighborhood. So we had some contact with each other outside of school. She had a little brother named Eddie. Eddie had a lisp.

I have very few memories of Dawn. In fact, I only have one. One day I was back by Ms. Krause's desk, asking her a question or something. Suddenly Lisa King and Cindy Rohrer sprinted back to us saying, "Umm... Dawn's throwing up." Sure shit, she had ralphed all over the place. Her desk was near mine as well. Thankfully all of my stuff was spared. Dawn was helped out of the room. And she was sent home.

That's all I got. The summer after 5th grade, Dawn's family moved. Seeing as her name is so common, I have virtually no chance of tracking her current whereabouts. But if you see a 5th grade class picture somewhere on this blog, you'll see a picture of her from 1981. She's wearing yellow.

UPDATE - 4/11/06 - After they left Two Rivers, Dawn's family moved to Waukesha. It looks like her parents still live there today. As for Dawn, she eventually married and became Dawn Sunderlage. They have at least one child together. The picture below of Dawn, her husband and daughter, is from 2002. Today they live in Suamico. Here's an article to a brief story about her.

http://www2.jsonline.com/bym/news/jul02/62300.asp

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 11, 09:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Ah, you're right. It was a stutter, not a lisp. I'm heading back home this weekend. I'll drive by her house to get the address. From that starting point, I may be able to track her down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home