WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, February 20, 2006

TROY MESSMAN

I had little contact with Troy in school. I think he may have frequented the special education classes. Was he at Clarke with us? I think so. At the very least, he was at Washington.

I remember Troy as being a thug. I believe he hung out with the headbangers and the smokers. He seemed to constantly be wearing a sweatshirt. And he always looked lke he was in a constant state of irritation - like there was a tiny man feverishly swinging a tiny hammer on his balls. He just looked mad. I don't know if he was capable of smiling.

In our freshman year however, Troy opened up a bit to me. When you ask? It was right after I got into trouble with the ceiling tiles incident. Troy seemed to appreciate the vandalism, and gave me a ton of respect. He asked me all kinds of questions and details about the events. From that point on, Troy never seemed grumpy towards me again. We weren't friends or anything. And we never really spoke. But there always seemd to be an underlying respect towards me.

I think Troy stayed in school through our junior year - or part of our junior year anyway. I don't think he was there at all for our senior year. And I know he didn't graduate with us.

I don't think I ran into Troy after high school. That seems odd, as I don't think he has ever left Two Rivers. In fact, I think he still lives in the same house he always did. To my knowledge, he's never married. What he does for a living is a mystery to me.

1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 30, 03:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tina & Dean said...

Troy is currently employed at Thermo Fisher - same old mullet and puffy snowmobile jacket.
Very enlightening Blog, Thanks for the Laughs, Tina (Gordon)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home