WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, May 19, 2006

SARA PRUST

Sara is a girl I met in 6th grade. We had Mrs. Casey together.

Sara was pretty much a shy girl on the lower end of the social ladder. Her best friend that year was Lori Wavrunek.

As I mentioned in my post on Lori, the two of them became the subject of a daily "newspaper" I put out called "The Daily Schnozball." Sara and Lori were the two schnozballs. Mrs. Casey admired my creativity. But she was less than pleased with my targeting of two fellow classmates. We got into quite a heated argument about it. In the end, she forced me to rewrite it twice, as a punishment. My newspaper only lasted two or three days.

Sara and I never had much contact over the years. I don't know much about her. She was always friendly to me. And she wore glasses. I do recall that she lived in the woods behind Clarke - in a house obviously.

I can't recall anything about Sara from high school, other than the fact that she was there. I don't remember having her in any classes.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not run into Sara since graduation. It appears that for a time, she may have used the name Sara Rantanen. But I don't think it was a married name. She did however get married on November 18th, 2005. Her husband is an ex-marine. So she now goes by the name of Sara Lewis. It looks like they live in Hartford.

UPDATE - 6/4/07 - I recently found several photos of Sara online. I've included some of them here. The first one is from her wedding day. Her husband's name is Earl. The other photos are of the two of them, as well as Sara's parents and family. I believe the child in one of the pictures is Earl's, from a previous relationship.

Good news for the two of them as well - they are pregnant, and are having a baby boy. The due date is between 5/31/07 and 6/7/07. So if she hasn't already given birth, it could literally happen at any moment. Congratulations to them.

UPDATE - 6/14/07 - Sara and her husband did have their baby - an eight-pound son named Jonathan. Baby and proud daddy can be seen below. Congratulations to them!

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 14, 09:23:00 AM PST, Blogger Debby90 said...

I remember Sara, I actually hung out with her for a summer or year, or something like that... I have a spotty memory at best and for the life of me can't think of how we had even met. I do remember I thought her house was the coolest way back in the woods and that they had this bush in the yard that had what she called "Gooseberries" on them and her mom made great jam out of them (at that time I had no idea what a Gooseberry was!!) I remember raiding that bush frequently, the berrys were very tasty!! lol. From my memory she was a shy girl, extremely nice, and I believe was a bit adventurous. I think we spent alot of time out in the woods inspecting everything in nature and pretending we were indians or something like that. Also, I remember her father was a member of the local barbershop quartet (another thing I had never heard of at that time) and I remember seeing them perform or him sing or something and I was impressed at the harmony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home