WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

SHEILA ZACH

I must admit, when I first moved to Two Rivers in 4th grade, I had a crush on Sheila Zach.

One of my earliest memories of her is from 4th grade. We had Mrs. Schimdt's class together. Sometimes she would give us free time. And on occasion, we would play a game called 7-up. This involved everyone putting their heads down, but keeping a thumb up. Those four or five people who were "it" would walk around and pick someone's thumb to push down. When everyone had finished, the lucky ones who got their thumbs pushed would then have to guess which person did it. On this one day, I chose not to play. I just watched. Sheila sat right behind me. And a couple of times, I would psuh Sheila's thumb down, which created an odd number of people to guess, and realy confused the class. Eventually Mrs. Schmidt caught on and reprimanded me. Oh well, I had my fun.

Sheila was a small girl. If I were a betting man, I'd put her at 4'10.

Sheila was a very nice girl. She was always friendly to me. She didn't seem to belong to any particular clique. She just got along with pretty much everyone.

In our senior year, I had her in Mr. Burns' business math class. I was in that class because I was 1/2 a credit short on math, since I'd failed the second semester of algebra my freshman year. The class was full of rejects from mostly the class of 1990. But there I was. Mr. burns had to dumb down his lesson plans based on the quality of students. Needless to say, I aced that entire year. What Sheila was doing in there was a mystery to me. At one point she even asked me what I was doing in this class. She said, "You're smart." I told her that she was smart too - which she was. But she countered with, "Yeah, but you're smart smart." Maybe Sheila just had a problem with math.

Later in that year, Sheila was one of the students that got to go to Mexico with the Spanish class. I remember seeing a photo of her down there. She was lip-locked with some hottie muchacho.

Sheila's senior sweatshirt said "Shei-La-La."

I really don't know much about Sheila post high school. I do know that she got married and had at least one child. A few times in the last several years, unbeknownst to me, I actually lived within minutes of her. One time, I was a block away. Her married name was Sheila Kubichka. It looks like their divorce proceedings lasted 2.5 years, finally ending in 2003. It looks like Sheila has gone back to her last name of Zach.

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 07, 02:10:00 PM PST, Blogger karmadog said...

I kept in touch with Sheila a bit after High School. She and my wife are good friends.

Her ex-husband is a dirtbag. With a capital DIRT. Talking to him was like talking to a caveman. It made it impossible to spend time with Sheila. It's good they're divorced.

I remember Sheila as a very good friend. Man, was she cute!! I used to tease her a lot. Once she misspoke and told me "You're getting on my nerds!" I teased her about that for about 11 years.

 
At Wed May 02, 02:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger Robyn said...

Unfortunately Sheila has passed away. Please see the link below for her obituary.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/htrnews/obituary.aspx?n=sheila-a-zach&pid=180132030

 

Post a Comment

<< Home