WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Thursday, April 20, 2006

AMY WOZNIAK

I don't believe Amy was at Clarke. I think she joined me at Washington.

Amy and I shared homeroom all four years. She seemed like a friendly girl, albeit a little quiet and shy. We never had much contact with one another. So I don't have an abundance of memories surrounding her.

I do recall having her in Mr. Scriver's history class during sophomore year. By the way, at what point did "social studies" become "history?" I think it was in high school. Anyway, Dave Svatek and I were talking about Adolf Hitler. It was his 98th birthday. And I very matter-of-factly commented that Hitler was in Argentina. For whatever reason, Amy found my response to be hilarious. And she burst out laughing. I don't think she realized that there were always rumors that Hitler had somehow escaped Nazi Germany and took up shelter in Argentina. So not knowing that, yes, I can see where that comment could be thought of as funny. By the way, I of course was kidding about Hitler actually living in Argentina.

I believe Amy was on the swimming team throughout her high school years.

On our senior video, Amy had quite a bit of difficulty making it through her comments without laughing.

I liked Amy. She was always cheerful and happy. She had a certain cuteness about her too.

I think I ran into Amy a few times at the video store. She remained friendly. Not long after high school, I believe she moved. In time she married and became Amy Wallace. According to Erin Hynek, her husband is a cop. Today it looks like they live between Milwaukee and Madison.

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 20, 01:32:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

He is a cop - or at least he was. That much I've confirmed.

But will the phantom play ball? Have I even done the phantom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home