WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

MR. LEHMAN

Mr. Lehman was one of the 8th grade science teachers at Clarke. He may have taught 7th graders as well. I don't know. Was his name Butch? I think so. Although that was probably a nickname.

I didn't have Lehman as a teacher. I had Mr. Franke instead. Their rooms were next to each other. As far as I know, I was only in his room once. See Cindy Rohrer's entry for the details. It involved sucking helium.

About the only memory I have of this guy comes from 8th grade. Kevin Dehne and I were sitting on the bleachers after lunch. We were playing some sort of "dare" game. And he dared me to go up to Mr. Lehman and say, "Hi Butch." We would award each other various points for whatever naughty exploits we did. I walked up to him and asked him if his name was Butch. He said something like, "Why do you wanna know?" I simply waved my hand and said, "Hi Butch." Then I walked away. He gave me an annoyed look. But he said nothing.

That's all I have on the man. Oh wait, I seem to recall that he had whitish-colored hair, that was sort of stringy and wild. It wasn't unclean mind you. He sort of resembled Doc Brown from the "Back To The Future" movies.

I haven't seen Lehman since the day I stepped out of Clarke in 8th grade. I suspect that he's retired. What he does today is unknown to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home