WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, May 12, 2006

AMY SCHMIDT

Amy is a girl I met in 4th grade. We had Mrs. Schmidt together.

For the most part, I couldn't stand her. She was very bitchy. And she had a cackle of a laugh that was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I don't recall a whole lot about Amy. But a few things come to mind. For one, she was friends with Pam Schley - at least in 4th grade anyway. I have a strange memory of the two of them talking. They were going to get together one night for some reason. And Amy lamented that she was going to miss the Charlie Brown special that was going to be on that night. But then she said, "Ah, I've seen it anyway." Of course I was quick to point out that she hadn't, as it was a brand new special. She just shook her hand at me as if I were nuts. Sorry Amy. I was right. Check out the release date.

CHARLIE BROWN

Amy was one of the classmates that had every single class with me in 7th grade. We were both thrilled. Although I do recall once when were got along. Richard Pryor's movie "The Toy" premiered on cable that year. And both of us loved that film. I remember sitting in Mr. Swokowski's art class. And she and I would rattle off quotes and laugh. It was the only time we ever bonded.

Amy was with me in high school up through our junior year. Then she disappeared. I don't know where she went. She had a sister - class of 1990's Pam Schmidt, and a brother - class of 1992's Jon Schmidt. And both of them were still at Washington. Amy certainly didn't seem like the type to drop out. I've always wondered what happened to her that year.

I have not seen Amy since our junior year. Trying to find her has proven difficult, as her name is so common. But I think I may have possibly found her. If I'm correct, she's gone by the names of Amy LeGreve and Amy Bogie over the years. Curiously, I see no evidence of marriages or divorces surrounding those names. Today it looks like she's back to Amy Schmidt again - but may in fact be married to a guy whose last name is also Schmidt. She appears to live halfway between Madison and Milwaukee.

UPDATE - 12/12/06 - As you can see from yesterday's comment, Amy has stopped by to say hi. She graduated from Lincoln High School in Manitowoc. She eventually married and became Amy Campbell. Unfortuantely she ended up getting divorced. Today she is back living in Wisconsin. She has three kids. She said she'd try to get me a photo at a later date. Once I get it, I'll post it here.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 05, 09:21:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Burt. I just thought I'd send a fast post to let you know that I have never been a Bogie nor a Legreve. My sister Pam has married into the Legreves. She married upperclass Mark Legreve. I have lived in Virginia Beach for 7 years after I graduated from Manitowoc. Now I live in Menasha. I have 3 boys, ages 13,11 and 7. I am very sorry that you don't have any fond memories of me and that I was perceived as a bitch. Please accept my appology. I think what you have done here with this blog is fantastic. It sure has brightened my days reading them as well as reminded me of many fond people that have gotten lost in the shuffle of life and growing up. Take care everyone. My email if anyone is interested is samiamsamiam2001@yahoo.com

 
At Mon Dec 11, 05:49:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Hey Amy, like I told you in my E-mail, no apology is necessary. Like I said, that was just my perception. It by no means, means that you were.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home