WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

LANCE SPRADLIN

His name was Richard. But he went by Lance. I think Lance was his midle name, despite the fact that one of my yearbooks shows him as "Richard T. Spradlin."

I first encountered Lance at Clarke. I assume he was there in 6th grade. But I personally don't remember him until 7th or 8th grade.

As I mentioned in my entry on Cory Schultz, he and Lance got into a small fight one day, outside of Mr. Stodola's room in 8th grade. I was serving a detention with Stodola at the time. He dragged them both in and made them kiss and make up. Apparently Lance punched Cory.

If I'm not mistaken, Lance had an unfortunate incident in 8th grade. My fellow classmates may recall that at some point that year, the science teacher, Mr. Franke, got a hold of a bunch of dry ice. He let us play with it in class. He had several pieces. Dry ice is so cold that you can't hold it for more than a second or two without your skin hurting. Within maybe five seconds, it will actually burn your skin. I think someone took a piece and held it onto Lance's hand - burning it slightly. I don't know who did it. And I'm not 100% sure that it even happened. But I think it did.

Lance stuck with school until my junior year. Or maybe he left after sophomore year. I don't know. But I do know that he didn't graduate with me. I think he dropped out. I seem to recall running into Lance from time to time at the video store. He always seemed friendly enough.

In the late 1990's, Lance worked for Rent-A-Center in Manitowoc. I know this because I worked for another location at the same time. Of course my store was smack dab in the middle of the hood. Milwaukee's inner city - avoid it if you can.

It looks like Lance was part-owner of a business called Round Table Choppers. It was some sort of customized motorcycle place in Green Bay. He's been sued over unapid debt realted to it.

I believe Lance resides in the Green Bay area today. He may be married to a woman named Jo Ellen.

2 Comments:

At Thu May 18, 06:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger THE GOON said...

What the hell is a chooper Burt???

 
At Thu May 18, 06:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

A Chinese cop?

I've corrected it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home