WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, March 31, 2006

SHANNON ALMAND

I believe Shannon joined me at Clarke. I don't think she was around at Magee.

I have basically one remembrance of her. She scared me. I don't know what it was about her. She had a look like she could be one of the bitchiest persons on the face of the Earth. I think she lived up to that look on occasion. She just seemed very snotty. She came across as someone who would love to pick on people, and hurt their feelings. I steered clear from her.

Shannon also seemed to be an adult or something. She just looked older - like a woman in the workplace or something. I don't know how to describe it.

Shannon stayed with us through our sophomore year. After that, she disappeared. Where she went is a mystery. And I must admit, I have no idea where she is today. It doesn't help that each of my yearbooks has her name spelled a different way. Needless to say, there are multiple people in the U.S. with that name - for each spelling. But none of them look to be the right age. If anyone knows where she moved to, let me know. Any clues could help.

UPDATE - 4/14/06 - Based on Tammy Swoboda's comment that Shannon is still in Two Rivers, I renewed my search. It took a little work. But I found her. Her name was spelled with an "A" not an "O." But beyond that, I still had to dig deep. Shannon apparently had a name change to Shannon Isherwood. Although I don't find any evidence that the name change was due to a marriage. She did however marry and become Shannon Stibbe. However, they have since divorced. They had at least one child together. Today Shannon does indeed live in Two Rivers. It doesn't look like she has ever lived in any other town in her life.

UPDATE - 11/18/06 - On August 12th, 2006, Kevin Dehne and I took our second trip to Two Rivers. We stopped by Shannon's house. She didn't remember either of us. Shannon was a bit leery of us at first. But she sat and talked with us for quite awhile - even though she didn't want to take a picture with us. Her overall attitude was that since nobody from her school days had kept in touch with her, she had no interest in keeping in touch with anyone either. She wasn't bitter or anything. She just seemed uninterested. Kevin ended up having the camcorder taping the entire time. So here's a portion of it - just a teaser, if you will. Since she wasn't all that interested in participating, I won't show the entire video. But here's what Shannon looks like today.

1 Comments:

At Sat Mar 24, 07:07:00 PM PDT, Blogger laurie said...

I used to be bestfriends with Shannon. She as a very cool person to hang with. The reason she had a name change to Isherood is because she was married to Paul Isherood at one time.If memory serves me right, they weren;t married all the long either. You more and likely don't know me or remember me I'm from class on 1988.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home