WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Thursday, February 02, 2006

WILLIAM PELNAR

Ok, so no one ever called him William. He was "Chip." And he's probably still Chip today.

I met Chip in sixth grade. We shared Mrs. Casey's class together. I always found Chip to be kind of a cool guy. We were never friends or anything. But he was always nice enough to most everyone.

Surprisingly, despite going to school with him for seven years, outside of 6th grade, our paths rarely crossed in school. I remember having him in Mr. Swokowski's art class in 8th grade, as well as Ms. Sapa's language class in freshman year.

Although I wasn't involved, I believe in 8th grade Richard and Meff tried to mount a campaign to get Chip Pelnar and Lenny Lewis elected as class president and vice president. Of course Clarke had no such student officials. But that didn't matter.

In Ms. Sapa's class, I seem to recall Becky Monka being a little fixated on Chip.

Boy, I got nothing else. I ran into Chip a few times at the video store. He remained friendly enough. He went on to marry class of 1990's Melissa Kaczrowski. Interestingly, Melissa (Missy) shared 8th grade study hall with me in Mr. Trembley's room. She sat in the front desk in the middle row, right in front of fellow graduate Jen Andersen. I overheard the two of them talking about kids. Both of them stated that they didn't want to have any kids themselves. But Missy didn't follow through. She and Chip have at least one child.

Last I knew, Chip was working for Burger Boat in Manitowoc, and living in Two Rivers.

UPDATE - 6/26/06 - Yesterday, Kevin Dehne went to Chip's house for a barbecue. He brought his camera. The results are below. Apparently Kevin and Chip were friends for many years, back in grade school. I believe Chip looked Kevin up, shortly after reading about him in this blog. Cool!

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 07, 08:54:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

The only reason I even really remember "Chip" was because of his sister Nellie. I had a crush on her forever, until it became unhealthy; ie. was going to cause me bodily harm due to her boyfriend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home