WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, May 15, 2006

LESLIE WEBER

I first met Leslie in freshman year. I'm not sure if this new classmate was new to the area, or was from one of the catholic schools.

I had Leslie in homeroom. And despite what one may think, Leslie was a boy. His parents gave him a name most often associated with females. I'm sure he took a lot of grief over the years because of it.

Leslie was a small guy - small and thin. He was not very intimidating. He seemed sort of meek and quiet. I honestly don't remember much of anything about him. I didn't have him in any classes. Something tells me he may have taken some shop classes. But I don't know.

Leslie had an older brother named Larry. Larry would have been a member of the class of 1988. I had Larry in Mr. Sciver's class during freshman year. Larry sat in front of me, and fell sound asleep during a filmstrip. Scriver woke him up and made him stay after school.

Leslie stayed at Washington for two years. Then I think his family moved. We never saw the Webers again. Trying to find Leslie today has proven difficult. However, I think his family may have moved to Michigan. It's possible that Leslie's middle name was Greg. If so, I think he might go by the name Greg today.

UPDATE - 7/31/07 - It looks like Leslie's family did in fact move to Michigan. However, it now looks like Leslie lives in Davenport, Ia - and has been there for about 10 years. It looks like he has a roommate. But as far as I can tell, he's never been married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home