WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

LISA MOORE

Lisa is a girl that I met at Washington. She seemed nice enough. Although for the most part, we never had much contact.

I got to know Lisa a little bit during our junior year. She was actually pretty cool. I had her in Ms. Neveau's speech class during the second semester.

One thing stands out from that class. It was just before lunch one day. And someone's name was called out by somebody. I forget whose name it was. But it was a senior guy. My friend Dave Svatek said that he'd hear the guy was gay. And I too made the same comment. I wish I could remember who it was. But I'm at a loss right now. Wait, was it Ron Nemetz? I don't know. I could be totally off base. Anyway, fast forward 30 minutes. We had just come back from lunch. Dave and I had gone to Stangel's and had gotten some string cheese. We were still eating it as class began. I was holding the package. And I offered some to Lisa. She shook her head and said, "no." But she looked really upset about something. I came to find out later on that whoever it was that we were labeling as gay - was Lisa's boyfriend. Apparently once she heard our comments, she ran out of the room crying. Man, did I feel like total shit about that.

During our senior year, Lisa hung around with Jodi LeClair. I believe they were best friends. The two of them would often give my friend (Scott Jaklin) a ride for lunch. Apparently Scott wore out his welcome though. And they got tired of chaperoning him.

At some point that December, Lisa, Jodi, Scott, Dave and myself ended up in a car together, and drove around for awhile. I'm not sure why. But I recall from that night that Lisa mentioned that when she slept with her boyfriend, he came inside of her. Her secret - the pill.

After high school, I know I had Lisa in a class at UW Manitowoc. But we never spoke. Since that time, I don't believe I've ever run into her.

Lisa eventually married and became Lisa Benvenuto. Their divorce was finalized in early 2002. I don't think they had any kids together. Since that time, Lisa has remarried and now goes by the name of Lisa Wilinski. Interestingly, both of the guys she married had the same first name. Last I knew, Lisa was working for Schneider Trucking, and was living in Green Bay.

UPDATE - 6/18/07 - Thanks to Shannon Koch for providing this picture of Lisa from graduation day, June 4th, 1989. Becky Monka is walking with her, on the left.

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 22, 06:43:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Oh no, I'm right on. You got a ride with them during lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home