WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, May 01, 2006

CINDY LAFLASH

Who is she? Where is she?

Cindy joined me at Washington in my sophomore year. I had her in gym class. She kind of had a pretty face. But she was paper thin. She had the scrawniest arms I'd ever seen. They were something out of a Sally Struthers commercial. I remember her trying to play volleyball. And she was virtually powerless.

At the time, her name fascinated me for one reason. I'd heard it before - well, almost. About three years earlier, Doug Wall had told me that he had screwed some girl named "Candy" LaFlash. Now, I didn't believe him for a second. Doug was full of shit most of the time. But I didn't forget the name. Then lo and behold a "Cindy" LaFlash shows up three years later. So it probably was the same girl. But I don't think Doug did any poking. At the very least, his lie would have been a bit more believable had he gotten her name correct.

Cindy was only with me that one year. She may not have even finished the year. I have never seen her since. In fact, she too has disappeared. I can't find any record of anyone with that name, at least not the age that this Cindy would be. I suspect that she probably married very young, changed her name, and never went back.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 01, 09:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Could possibly be. I don't know. Check your sophomore yearbook. Could that be the girl you remember?

 
At Sat Mar 24, 08:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger laurie said...

Cindy was pregnant that year. And she does have a ssister named CANDY. Which is married into the Avery family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home