WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ROB LUMBAR

Who are these people?

Rob joined me about halfway through my freshman year. I had him in two classes - Mr. Heuer's algebra, and Mr. Bonino's gym.

I have only two quick memories of Rob. Late in the year, we played softball during gym. As I recall, Rob was the pitcher on his team. I was on the other team. In fact, I actually hit a home run off of him - a shining moment in my physical education history. But anyway, someone hit a line drive right off of Rob's knee. He went down in a heap. He may have actually cried. His knee swelled up. And he was helped back to the locker room. I know I've picked on Craig Rysticken a lot. And I have to do so again. After Rob had left, Craig started mocking Rob's limp, and made fun of him. He even accused him of overreacting. Whatever.

The only other memory I have of Rob is from the day I got busted for the ceiling tiles. As I sulked in the guidance office awaiting my fate, Rob suantered in and sat down at the table with me. I think he was there to see someone. He grilled me a bit as to what was going on. But I wasn't in the mood for discussion.

After that year, I never saw Rob again. I have no idea where he is today. The only person I found with that name was a 50-year-old deceased man. Rob wasn't that old. So I suspect I may have his name spelled wrong. Although I tried various other ways of spelling it, absolutely nothing popped up. So Rob, wherever you are, I hope your knee feels better.

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 12:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I think that was the woman who handed out diplomas at our graduation. I shook her hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home