WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ROB LUMBAR

Who are these people?

Rob joined me about halfway through my freshman year. I had him in two classes - Mr. Heuer's algebra, and Mr. Bonino's gym.

I have only two quick memories of Rob. Late in the year, we played softball during gym. As I recall, Rob was the pitcher on his team. I was on the other team. In fact, I actually hit a home run off of him - a shining moment in my physical education history. But anyway, someone hit a line drive right off of Rob's knee. He went down in a heap. He may have actually cried. His knee swelled up. And he was helped back to the locker room. I know I've picked on Craig Rysticken a lot. And I have to do so again. After Rob had left, Craig started mocking Rob's limp, and made fun of him. He even accused him of overreacting. Whatever.

The only other memory I have of Rob is from the day I got busted for the ceiling tiles. As I sulked in the guidance office awaiting my fate, Rob suantered in and sat down at the table with me. I think he was there to see someone. He grilled me a bit as to what was going on. But I wasn't in the mood for discussion.

After that year, I never saw Rob again. I have no idea where he is today. The only person I found with that name was a 50-year-old deceased man. Rob wasn't that old. So I suspect I may have his name spelled wrong. Although I tried various other ways of spelling it, absolutely nothing popped up. So Rob, wherever you are, I hope your knee feels better.

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 11:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brad Strouf said...

I think perhaps we can thank the Two Rivers group home for alot of these one year wonders...

What was the name of the woman that ran the home...Pat Bannen maybe??

 
At Thu Apr 27, 12:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I think that was the woman who handed out diplomas at our graduation. I shook her hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home