WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

PATTI MALLEY

This was a request from long ago, that I somehow overlooked.

Patti is a girl who joined me at Clarke, in 6th grade. She wasn't in my class. But she may have come into Mrs. Casey's class for reading. I think she did. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the hots for her like I did. Ken Bartz used to tease me to no end about it. For the life of me, I have no clue how he would have even known. I always denied it. But he was right.

Thinking back, around that time, I think Patti may have hung in the same circles as Carrie Collard, Cindy Rohrer and John Steltz. But don't quote me on that.

Over the years, my liking of her dwindled to nothing. I don't know why. Perhaps it was because I found her to be a bit snotty. I never had any confrontations with her. I simply avoided her. For whatever reason, she seemed a bit intimidating to me.

At some point, she began to go out with Ken Shillcox. I could have sworn that Ken was a member of the class of 1988. But he's not listed. I can only assume that he never graduated. Anyway, they were together a long time. They may have hooked up at Clarke for all I know.

Dave Svatek kind of had a thing for Patti, even though she was pretty much unattainable. But they at least had some sort of friendship. In our senior year, or perhaps the summer before it, Dave and I returned from somewhere and went into his house. Dave's mom informed us that Ken Shillcox and a buddy of his had come looking for Dave. They issued some sort of "warning" for Dave to stay away from Patti. I wish we'd have been home when they stopped by. That would have been hilarious. Had anything physical ensued, Dave would have kicked Ken's ass. Dave was strong as hell. Ken was sort of boney.

Patti and Ken got married not long after high school. I ran into them quite often at the video store. They had at least one child together. But marital bliss didn't last. They divorced in 1995. Patti eventually remarried, and is now known as Patti Wagner, having married class of 1991's Jason Wagner. I believe they have a child living with them. But I don't have a clue if it's theirs, or if it's a child with Ken. She lives in Two Rivers to this day. She may work at Holy Family Hospital. But that could be a different Patti Wagner as well.

UPDATE - 6/18/07 - Thanks to Shannon Koch for providing this picture of Patti and Shawn Mehlhorn from graduation day, June 4th, 1989.

6 Comments:

At Thu May 18, 09:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger mimikatemom said...

Patti and I hung around together for awhile in middle school. I thought she was one of the prettiest girls I knew. Somewhere along the line she wanted to "beat me up" and I remember being quite freaked out by the whole thing. I don't remember why...so I can't remember if I deserved it or not!?

 
At Thu May 18, 12:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

Patti wanted to beat me up in middle school too. Me and Kiffie used to make fun of her. I'm pretty sure I could have kicked her ass. Well, maybe.

Anyway, in high school we ended up becoming friends. I got to know her pretty well in Sapa's CW class. I thought she was sweet. And cute beyond all comprehension.

Once, when she was broken up with Kenny, we were supposed to go to a movie. She stood me up. Probably just as well, as they got back together, like, 20 minutes later, and Kenny would have kicked my ass.

Ahh, so many asses to kick, so little time.

 
At Thu May 18, 01:33:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Patti was in our creative writing class? Really? I don't remember her in there.

 
At Thu May 18, 01:41:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

Yeah, PJ was there. It was sort of a running gag that we were going to get married or something. She used to get so pissed! Sapa even wrote a poem about it.

 
At Thu May 18, 02:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Wow. And I thought I remembered everything. Shame on me.

 
At Wed Nov 22, 11:22:00 AM PST, Blogger nwalk said...

Patti (and Penny) Malley's mom was my godmother. In summer, I (with my younger brother, and them, of course) would go to their cottage, out by Point Beach. Some great memories, also some sad ones, like when I lost my greedo in lake michigan (i was able to find walrusman and hammerhead).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home