WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, January 27, 2006

TRACY MESSMAN

I met Tracy in freshman year. Over our four years together, I'm not sure I ever had any conversations with her. But she seemed pleasant enough.

How can I put this delicately? I don't know if I can. Tracy had a very masculine-looking face. Everyone knew it. I would hope that most people never said anything to her about it. But alas, there was Mike Zeman. I had both Mike and Tracy in Mr. Scriver's sophomore year history class. One day, as we were all shuffling into class, Mike walked in, pointed to the seated Tracy, and yelled quite loudly, "Look at her. She's a man!" Tracy looked disgusted. I'll admit, it was kind of funny to see someone act as brazen as that. But I felt sorry for Tracy too, as it was kind of mean.

Tracy was into sports. Don't ask me to verify them. But I think she played baseball, basketball and volleyball.

During our junior year, Dave, Richard and I would sometimes go downstairs, and hang out with Ms. Neveau, in her homeroom. She was a first year teacher - a cool teacher too. She kind of treated the three of us as peers, as opposed to students. Anyway, one day, Tracy came in to drop something off to her. As she left the room, Ms. Neveau turned to Richard and said, "She's more of a man than you are." A bit cruel and inappropriate for a teacher, but damn funny nonetheless! The three of us burst out laughing.

I'm sure there were some who thought that due to her manly face and athletic abilities, that Tracy was a lesbian. I don't know if that's true. But I can confirm that she did in fact get married. She became Tracy Newberg. They divorced in 2000. I don't think they had any kids together. The last I knew, she was still living in Two Rivers.

UPDATE - 11/10/06 - Here is Tracy from her appearance on our senior class video.



UPDATE - 5/31/08 - Tracy got married again. She actually got married in September of 2007. I just forgot to mention it until now. So congratulations Tracy.

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 20, 09:26:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Paula, your comments are appreciated. I just hope you understand that my entries on Tracy as well as everyone else were never meant for an audience. They are my memories, the way I saw them.

Believe me, hurting someone is the last think I would ever want to do. I am a kind person. In regards to Tracy, I never had any problems with her whatsoever. But the incidents that I mentioned did actually take place. So I wrote about them - for me.

I never knew Tracy. but from what others have said, she's a lovely person. I'd welcome her comments anywhere.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 03:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger frb said...

Tracy,

Welcome to a part of my world!!

You may or may not understand what I have meant by this comment, welcome.

I apologize for not recognizing you last time I saw you, until you mentioned your name, then I remembered.

Thanks for sharing in the greatest day of my life about one year ago and congratulations!! I look forward to getting to know you better in the future.
Blessings to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home