WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, January 13, 2006

GREG BURR

Who is Greg Burr? Kudos to those who remember. Greg came to Two Rivers for one year - our senior year. And he graduated with us. He was generally accepted by the masses. Personally, I thought he was an ass. He was smug and snotty. I could be wrong. But I think he came from Texas.

I have two memories of this dolt. Both are from my second semester consumer economics class with Mr. Rusch. Mr. Rusch's legs were about five feet long. But I digress.

We had this class in fifth hour. Based on my proximity prior to the bell ringing, I would generally find myself to be one of the first students to enter the class each day. One day Mr. Rusch had a test scheduled. And he had the words "Test today" written on the board. Inevitably some students would come in, see those words and in a disappointed voice say something like "Woah... test today" - as if they were unaware, or had simply forgotten. This was common in all classes.

On this one particular day, Greg walked in and had the same reaction - and made the comment out loud to himself. I was the only other person in the room at the time. Well, Greg actually walked out of the room, disappeared, and came back about two minutes later. By this time,the room was almost full. And several of our classmates were making the woah, test today-type comments. And Greg (as if he had just entered the room for the first time) made a shocked reaction as well, and joined in.

In other words, he was starved for attention and needed an audience to hear his "shocked" reaction.

PATHETIC!

About a month later, Mr. Rusch broke us down into groups for a small in-class project. As luck would have it, I was put in a group with Wyatt Wood and Greg Burr. I had no problem with Wyatt. Wyatt and I got along fine. I liked Wyatt. But I despised Greg Burr. Unfortunately, Wyatt was out sick that day. So when Mr. Rusch told us to break off into our groups, I was disgruntled. So much so, that I decided not to move. I was a stranger to Greg. And he didn't have the balls to approach me. I just sat there and started doing something else. About 10 minutes later, Mr. Rusch looked down on me and said, "Burt, do you want to go work with Greg?" He wasn't really asking me. He was telling me. I looked at Mr. Rusch, shook my head, and calmly said, "no." Mr. Rusch looked bewildered. But amazingly, he accepted my stance! For the rest of the hour, he didn't bother me.

The next day Wyatt came back. And the three of us played together just fine. That was my last contact with Greg Burr.

Today, Greg appears to have moved to Houston. I've been to Houston three times in the last few years. We have friends down there. We're potentially going back over Labor Day weekend. So there's a possibility I could run into him. Maybe I should look him up. Then again, maybe not. If you want to E-mail Greg, I believe he can be found at GREG.BURR@HP.COM.

UPDATE - 11/11/06 - Here is Greg from our senior video.



UPDATE - 1/29/07 - It looks like Greg may have been married at one time, to a woman named Heidi. But it looks like they're divorced.

2 Comments:

At Sun Feb 05, 08:44:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

Tennis anyone? Loser drinks a shot of Yukon. BRILLIANT!

 
At Wed Feb 15, 10:03:00 PM PST, Blogger SonnyKidd said...

Not sure, but who wants some yummy feed corn?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home