WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WAYNE REBARCHEK

Wayne was a guy who joined me at Clarke. I assume he was there for 6th grade. Although I don't recall.

My only memories of Wayne are from 7th grade. I had him in Mr. Schmabureck's social studies class. One day Schamburek (Sham-Bam) was talking about supplies that people in the 1800's would need if they wanted to travel from the east coast to California. Kristine Kahlenberg mentioned "underwear" - as in long underwear for cold temperatures. Wayne thought she was being funny or something. So he raised his hand and said, "bras." The class had a good laugh. "Well she said underwear!"

My other memory of Wayne is also from that class. We were all in the library doing something. Periodically, we would have to go back to his classroom to use his stapler. Why he didn't bring it to the library, I don't know. But anyway, when I needed it, I went back to his room. Heather Bailey was walking out. She had given the stapler to Wayne. Wayne was done using it. But he wouldn't hand it to me. He was waving it in front of me, taunting me with it. I don't know what possessed me to do this. But for whatever reason, I took my pencil and stabbed him in the hand. He screamed, and dropped the stapler. About five minutes later, we were all back in the library. Wayne was at a table with a couple friends. He had a paper towel on his hand. He said, "Look what you did to me, you fucker." He then peeled back the paper towel to reveal a nasty gash between his thumb and pointy finger. The skin was sort of shredded to the sides. But it wasn't bleeding much. It did look awful though. I didn't mean to do that to him.

I'm not sure Wayne was around in 8th grade. I know for sure that he wasn't around in high school. He didn't seem to be academically inclined. I haven't seen Wayne since.

Wayne has served some time in prsion. It looks like Wayne hung around the Manitowoc area for a few years, before heading to Duluth, Minnesota. It looks like he met his wife Elizabeth there. Today, they live in Colorado, about 100 miles south of Denver.

1 Comments:

At Wed May 03, 09:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger THE GOON said...

PUD ---- Remember the name? I hung out with this fellow troublemaker back in those days at Clarke. He was down the block from the Hauschultz house on the south side. We would cause the usual trouble on a winter night like others probably did on the other sides of town. Snowballs being thrown at cars and even latching on to them at the stop sign by my house. He always liked the heavy metal music and wore alot of shirts with bands on them.
We didn't hang out too much in the high school years. I ran in too him at a few parties in the early 90's. Don't know much about him after that. I heard that he stole Ben Franco's Guitar and bailed TR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home