WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Monday, January 23, 2006

LEWIS STEPHAN

By request, here is my entry on Lewis Stephan.

I have very few memories of Lewis. He wore glasses, and had short, curly hair. He was with us at Clarke. I guess you could label him a minor troublemaker. He hung out with some people who were worse than him. But overall, Lewis was all right.

I seem to remember that as a senior, Lewis road a motorcycle to school. He had a girlfriend. But I have no idea who she was. One day she hopped on the back of Lewis' cycle, and drove off. My friend Dave remarked, "They're going home to screw." Could be. Who knows.

I believe Lewis joined the armed services - perhaps the army. For reasons unbeknownst to me, he wrote a few letters to Dave's mom, from Iraq. I remember a quote. "Same shit, different day." Perhaps there was some sort of church-related association between Lewis and the Svatek's. I don't know. In all the years I hung out with Dave, he never mentioned one.

The last I knew, Lewis had moved to Arizona, where he was working as a carpenter. I believe he's married to a woman named Catherine.

UPDATE - 6/18/07 - Thanks to Shannon Koch for providing this photo of Lewis from graduation day, June 4th, 1989.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home