WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, January 13, 2006

MYSELF

I suppose I should say something about myself, before I forget it. Rather than rehash some stories that will appear in later posts, I'll just copy my bio from CLASSMATES.COM.

As of the end of 2005, I've traveled to 48 states. My two-year-old has been in 44. My 10-month-old has been in 25. All have been for leisure.
I attended Woodstock '94 (with a VIP pass).
I met my wife on AOL.We have four cats and 1 dog.We have three big screen TV's.
We installed a pool at our old house. Our new house doesn't have one... yet.
I currently keep in contact with no one from the class of 1989. Although I'm still best friends with Jeff Messerman - who would have graduated with us, had he not moved.
I still have a full head of hair.
We've been to Hawaii three times, with a fourth trip coming up in March, 2006.
We have two daughters.

My wife is six years younger than me. She went to school in Milwaukee, and was the captain of her cheerleading squad. How on Earth did I get so lucky?
I graduated from UWGB in 1996.
My wife got her Master's Degree in 2004.
I used to work at T&R Video.
I was an extra on a TV show.
Juliette Lewis is very friendly.
I've seen Don Ho in concert.
I've seen Paul McCartney twice.
I never met them, but I've seen Bill Clinton and George W. Bush with my naked eye.
I've twice held my breath for three minutes, 20 seconds.
My wife and I are hooked on Survivor.
At L.B. Clarke, Mr. Fencl once choked me.Mr. Kern said he wanted to "beat the shit out of me."
Mr. Wood once threw a throwing star at me. (He missed).
Mr. Wheeler accused me of stealing his final exam at the end of our freshman year. (I didn't do it). It must have irked him when I became friends with his son.Despite the accusation, Mr. Wheeler was a nice guy.
I love the Brewers and Packers.
I was not the nicest of persons as a kid. I'm very nice now - but shy.
I no longer have a "bowl" haircut.
I have my freshman year ID in my wallet.

My parents live in Manitowoc.
I have over 2000 DVD's.
In my entire life, I've been drunk about 30 times.
I surprised my wife with a renewal of our vows, on our fifth anniversary.
My wife and I have had sex in 25 states - including Kansas and Nebraska.
My wife is a stay-at-home mom.
My wife has a side business selling natural baby stuff.
My wife has a more lucrative side business selling sex toys.
Mr. Vogt kept a bottle of booze in his desk drawer. He would pour himself a drink while yelling at me.
I have a tattoo of a walrus on my upper arm. I got it in Hawaii.

My wife has two tattoos on her stomach.
I almost joined the Navy in 1989.
We own four timeshares.
We swam with dolphins on our honeymoon.
I was practically a mute in highschool.
In highschool, many people thought I was both a heavy drug user and a satanist. Both accusations were highly exaggerated. Although I never did anything to dispel the rumors.
Jason Krings was cool.
After college, I spent two years as a collector/repo man in Milwaukee's inner city. You haven't lived, until you've pushed your way past a group of strung-out crackheads, into a crackhouse, in order to repossess a stereo - or living room set.
I once climbed onto the grave of William Howard Taft.
Surprisingly, I lost my virginity at the age of 14. I told no one.
In our junior year, Mr. Otto kicked me out of his class. He made me follow him down the hall, up to the second floor. And as we passed Mr. Wood's office he said "This is where I should be taking you. But I'm taking you to a counselor. And believe me, you need counseling!" When we got to Mr. Boehlke's office, he sat me down in a chair. Then he went off on some sort of bizarre tirade about hippies in the 1960's throwing horse shit on police cars, and how they're now yuppies making $70,000/year jobs. He carried on for a couple of minutes, then left. Mr. Boehlke and I looked at each other in stunned silence. Then the normally reserved Boehlke burst out laughing. He then said to me "Mr. Otto has to kick someone out of class maybe once every five years. Congratulations!" Five minutes later, I was back in class, with no repercussions.

12 Comments:

At Fri Jan 27, 09:33:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Who said that?

Key dates of interest:

3/28/98 - "Met" online
3/29/05 - Phone sex
4/5/98 - Met in person
4/5/98 - Real sex
8/16/98 - Became a couple
9/26/98 - Got engaged
6/3/00 - Got married
3/10/03 - Had a baby
2/20/05 - Had another baby
1/21/06 - Went to Ponderosa for dinner. I love them chicken wings!

For the record, I don't think my liking of the name "Jennifer" had anything to do with Jenny Malley. Although, I will admit that it didn't hurt. Had the lovely Jennifer been an obnoxious cow or something, it probably would have soiled the name for me. But no, the lovely Jenny Malley was no such thing.

Man, I suddenly feel like Rosie O'Donnell, with her obsession with Tom Cruise!

 
At Tue Jan 31, 02:36:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I like her too. I'm a very lucky guy.

By the way, I just noticed a typo. The date should read 3/29/98, NOT 3/29/05.

 
At Tue Jan 31, 03:35:00 PM PST, Blogger jenny said...

burt, i once saw you doug wall naked running around on your roof...hee heee. (I was hanging out at lisa's house)

 
At Tue Jan 31, 05:50:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

You have got to be kidding! I will say this. I'm not saying that I was never naked on my garage roof. (I have always had a sort of fascination with exhibionism). But if in fact you saw two people, the people you saw were Doug Wall and Chris Storlie. When I get to writing about Doug, that story will go in.

 
At Tue Jan 31, 07:51:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

On second thought, it was me you saw. So fair is fair. It's now time for you and Lisa to show off the goods. Lisa's hasn't shown up yet. So I guess the burden is all on you.

Just kidding... maybe.

Did you know that my next door neighbor called the police on them? Brian Belongia also saw them.

 
At Tue Feb 14, 06:56:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Shit, you're right! I was thinking about Jack Buck.

Tidbit - when Stan Musial retired, (around 1960 or so) he was 2nd all-time on baseball's hit list behind Ty Cobb. He still ranks 4th today. And out of his 3630 hits, 1815 of them came at home. And 1815 were hit on the road. Now THAT'S consistency!

No, we never worked together at T&R Video. In fact, I'd forgtten about that. But I do have a vague memory of you behind the counter. I started in January, 1990.

Actually, there is a photo of me. It's in Tom Grassman's entry. It was taken 11 days ago. You can't miss it.

Aren't my girls angels? :)

 
At Thu Feb 16, 07:57:00 AM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I'm holding off for the moment. We just had some pictures taken of them at Walmart. I had planned to use one of them. We just haven't gotten them back yet. But when they're up, I'll announce it.

 
At Thu Feb 23, 02:32:00 PM PST, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I worked there from 1990-1997, for the original owner. Are you related to Tim Swoboada? He lived upstairs. He owned it for awhile.

 
At Mon Apr 04, 01:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm... I came across your blog about Dav Kanera. I was actually dating him in 2006 when you wrote this blog. In a way you sound envious of him for being a free loving, live in the moment, make other people laugh type of person. You strike my as the quiet, cynical, stoic, judgmental type. And, a self proclaimed mute no less. The way you try to trump yourself up and brag about your accomplishments, while belitteling and dissing others is quite sad. You could learn something from Dav; A positive, upbeat, fun man who expresses himself in the moment, instead of writing out endless frustrations years later.

 
At Mon Apr 04, 06:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Ah Davina, I haven't left a comment on this blog in a couple of years. But I thought I'd address your thoughts.

I love Dave Kanera! He and I had a chance to hang out and talk at the reunion. And he couldn't have been more charming. He told me how much he enjoyed this blog, and kept saying, "If you can't laugh at yourself..." Now THAT is the attitude I love. Dave gets it.

Was I fan of Dave Kanera back when we were kids? Clearly no. I thought he was a dick. But I was a dick too. So what.

I wish there were more people in the world like him.

 
At Mon Apr 04, 11:41:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I imagined that Dav would laugh if he read it and say it was great, so that's funny!
Sorry for the rant, I was just defending a friend.
Take care-

 
At Wed Apr 06, 04:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I'm still a dweeb stranger. Let's meet. But no fighting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home