WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Thursday, April 20, 2006

TRINA TADDY

Trina is a girl I first met in 4th grade. Both of us had Mrs. Schmidt together.

It didn't take too long that year (my first year in Two Rivers) before I annoyed a lot of people. But Trina was different. She was very friendly, and very nice to me. In fact, I recall her asking me to give her a call at home some evening. What was that all about? I actually did find the courage to call her once. But a guy (I assumer her father) answered. And I chickened out and hung up. Who knows. Perhaps I passed up on something good.

Trina sat behind me for awhile that year. And I noticed something about her. She had hairy arms. If she was shy about it, she didn't make it obvious. Because she even pointed them out to me.

Over the years Trina and I had various classes together. But we didn't associate too much. When we did though, I still found her to be very nice.

Trina had a thin frame - a runner's body. And that's exactly what she did. She was on the cross country team in high school. She was Mr. Wheeler's star athlete. Trina could run like the wind - at least over long distances. I never followed such events. But as a junior, I believe Trina finished in the top 5 at the state championships - or whatever it was called. She may have been in the top 3 now that I think about it. As a senior, she was expected to be a top candidate to win it all. But something happened as I recall. And she finished 12th or something. Nonetheless, everyone was quite proud of her.

Someone once told me that prior to every meet, Trina would throw up - nerves or something.

I believe Trina went on to college somewhere. She also married class of 1986's James Terp. Today they live in Two Rivers. I believe they have at least three kids. For awhile, Trina worked as a teacher's aide at Magee. But I don't think she does anymore. What she does for a living is unknown to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home