WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Thursday, April 13, 2006

REBECCA SHEDLOSKY

Rebecca (did she go by the name Becky?) joined me at Washington. I didn't have her in any classes until our sophomore year.

Becky sat in front of me in Ms. Wisnicky's literature class. She seemed sort of small and meek. I remember that she used to carry a white purse. Like most girls, she would hang the purse on the back of her chair. For whatever reason, one day I took my blue pen and colored on the strap - covering maybe an inch or two. The next day I noticed that she had wiped off the ink - as best she could. You could still see the blue stain though. So I colored it again. The next day she kept her purse on the floor. I wonder what she thought. She never said anything to me. In fact, in all our time together, the two of us never spoke at all.

The only other memory I have of Becky is from the sophomore year foreign language fair. Becky had made some sort of Spanish dessert - brownies or bars. She was replacing the bars as the first batch had been eaten. I literally took one as she was setting it down on the plate. She gave me a dirty look, but didn't say anything. Perhaps she still harbored some ill feelings over that purse incident.

In my opinion, Becky looked a little bit like Linda Blair. This sounds terrible, but I remember telling Dave Svatek that Becky looked like a potential rape victim. I have no idea what that means. But I think I was just thinking about Linda Blair's character in the film "Chained Heat." In the film, Blair got raped at some point.

After junior year, I believe Becky's family moved to Texas. At some point she got married and became Becky Hall. It looks like she currently resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

UPDATE - 1/4/07 - I did some digging and actually found some pictures of Becky online. You can see them below. It looks like she has two kids. And she still has a resmeblance to Linda Blair.











1 Comments:

At Wed Feb 14, 01:10:00 AM PST, Blogger sprout said...

Wow! Memories galore. Good and bad and then some!

Maybe you thought that I was stuck up, but I was shy. I mean, yakking up my breakfast SHY. I was and am TINY. Barely 4'10", glasses, and awkward...so most everyone could intimidate me without batting an eyelash. Life sure is weird.

I lived my grade school and early high school days petrified of everyone else, I just wanted to fit in (didn't we all?) and got labeled as a snob. Maybe I was and didn't know it? Don't know. Hmmm. I don't remember too much from back then...just bits and pieces. I was more of a follower back in grade school.

Anyway, I moved to Texas the summer before our senior year. Decided that being shy wasn't working for me and came out of my shell a little bit at Granbury High. I decided that other people's opinions were overrated.

(I get that Linda Blair comparison every so often, also Becka from Life Goes On.)

I am a physical therapist at a local hospital, where we do sports therapy, rehab and wound care. I got married in 2002, and have 2 daughters (Natalie Rose, 3 years old and Allison Maye, 8 months). (My sister, Jodi, is pictured with me and our friend, Karyn.)

I get back to T.R. every few years to see family and catch up with friends. I enjoy reading the posts and trying to recall old memories from way back when. I haven't thought about some of this stuff in FOREVER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home