WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Friday, March 31, 2006

ANTON NYQUIST

Anton joined me in our senior year. He was a foreign exchange student who hailed from Norway.

That's about all I know. From what I recall, I had absolutely no classes with Anton - none. I don't think I conversed with him in any capacity. Nonetheless, he seemed like a real likable fellow.

Anton seemed to be widely accepted by everyone. So I'm sure he was a nice guy. I just never got the opportunity to know him.

I think Anton stayed with three families, perhaps once with fellow graduate Amy Wozniak, and once with class of 1990's Dawn Warden. I could be wrong about this though.

After high school, Anton went back to Norway. On our senior video, he expressed a desire to possibly come back to the U.S. to go to college. But I can't find any evidence that he ever did. So most likely, he remains in Norway to this day. I have searched in vain to find some little tidbit about him. But he must be keeping a low profile over there. What he does today, or whether he's married or not, I do not know.

UPDATE - 2/1/08 - Information on Anton had alluded me. But a recent random search yielded something - a photograph. Yes, on some weird Norwegian website, I came across the picture you see below. Anton Nyquist is listed as the guy in the back right corner. Pretty cool, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home