WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

REMORSE

The last several days have been interesting. Sometimes I feel like a broken record. I seem to be defending myself more and more. So I then ask myself whether or not this blog was a good idea. Perhaps it should have been private. Maybe I've crossed the line too much. Maybe I've hurt the feelings of too many people.

It's come to my attention that some people have been hurt by my words. And for that, I am truly sorry. I never intended to do so. It's not in my nature. And I feel really, really bad about it. In some cases, the damage has already been done.

So what's next? Deleting the blog has crossed my mind. But that's not going to happen. I still feel that the good things in this blog far outweigh the bad - not only for me, but for most of my readers as well.

Not that anyone will notice, but I'm going to go around and edit some of the entries I have made. Where I can remember, I'm going to remove certain references. If you feel that something particularly hurtful should be removed, please E-mail me about it. Please note that I will not be removing my opinions on my classmates' and teachers' personalities. If I thought you were an asshole, and said so, the comment will remain. Assholism can be cured.

Look for the next teacher entry tomorrow.

8 Comments:

At Tue Jun 20, 04:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

Actually, although it wasn't what I was referring to, I do in fact have Crohn's Disease!

http://www.ccfa.org/info/about/crohns

So I get colonoscopies more often than haircuts! Okay, not that often. But I've lots of cameras shoved way up my arse! Yay!

 
At Tue Jun 20, 04:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

And I've grown a pretty thick intestinal wall!!

In Kluscinske's class, I wrote and read a "tall tale" based on my first colonoscopy. Big laughs. I still have the written version. Burt was in that class.

 
At Tue Jun 20, 06:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

As WAPL used to say (and still might, for all I know) - "More than we really wanted to know."

Greg, you've mentioned that story before. I don't remember it. But you are right. I was in that class with you. I was umm... "sick" a lot during our senior year. I missed a lot of school. I suspect I was out that day. Because that sounds like something I wouldn't forget.

Brandon, feel free to hijack my posts. Sometimes they have a mind of their own.

I think I'm going to profile Mrs. Westburg tomorrow.

 
At Tue Jun 20, 08:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

Burt, you were there that day. I remember you read your story right after me. Yours sucked.

Oops... DID I HURT YOUR FEELINGS??

 
At Tue Jun 20, 08:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I'm crushed!

I resent that statement. I couldn't have read a story. I most likely never did it!

 
At Wed Jun 21, 09:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Maybe single guys should provide an up-to-date photo, which doesn't look like Batman! Who knows, maybe a future Mrs. Brad is lurking in the shadows.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 07:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger karmadog said...

I don't think Superman's gay. He & Lois did it in II and he did it with that blonde bombo in III.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 07:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Part III doesn't count. His mind had been messed-up by the kryptonite that Richard Pryor gave him in that medallion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home