WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL TWO RIVERS WI CLASS OF 1989

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

THE BOYS AND THEIR TOOLS

I have two pictures of me from inside the confines of L.B. Clarke Middle School. Both are from 8th grade. And in both of them, I'm wearing my "I solved the Rubik's Cube" T-shirt. For the record, I could solve it. Anyway, this picture was taken in Mr. Ashenbrenner's class. It was the 4th quarter. And the class was electrical something or other. My group consisted of myself, along with Dave Kanera, Scott Stephens and Chris Staudinger. Incidentally, our group was the only group in the class that got all of their electrical projects done and working correctly on the very first try. Yet I still somehow managed to get a "D." I have to wonder why it is that I'm the only one wearing safety goggles.

Mr. Ashenbrenner took the photo. I have no idea why. I also have no idea how I came to be in possession of it. Perhaps I knew I would blog about it 21.5 years later, and requested it.

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 19, 06:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger THE GOON said...

One of the biggest rule-breakers in school but yet he wears safety glasses. That's funny. Hey Burt, do you still have that shirt stuffed away somewhere?

 
At Thu Oct 19, 06:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Honestly, I believe I do. I got that shirt in 5th grade. And it was way too big for me. But I wore it anyway. I ended up wearing that shirt for four years. And believe it or not, I actually wore that to school during freshman year - in the first week. But I had pretty much outgrown it by then. So I retired it after that. But that shirt was worn during five different school years. That must be a record or something.

I should dig it out and try it on again.

 
At Thu Oct 19, 07:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger THE GOON said...

Great idea. Then you can spike up your hair and search the town for one of those lawn ornaments with the shiny ball on top. Take the wife and camera along and have Mr. Franke's class revisited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home